Code of Conduct
Sligo Tennis Club is governed by the following principles/policies:
Sligo Tennis Club Child Protection Policy, Appendix 3 code of conduct for coaches etc, Appendix 4 code of conduct for junior members and Appendix 5 code of conduct for parents.
Code of Ethics and Good Practice for Children’s Sport: https://www.sportireland.ie/news/archive-code-of-ethics-and-good-practice-for-childrens-sport
Tennis Ireland Complaint, Objection & Disciplinary Rules and Procedures 2011 https://www.tennisireland.ie/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/59-Disciplinary-Code-Final-Version.pdf
Badminton Ireland Code of conduct: https://www.badmintonireland.com/page/32888/Code-of-Conduct
Squash Ireland Code of conduct: http://www.irishsquash.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/07/irishsquashtournamentrules.pdf
Sligo Tennis Club is committed to maintaining an enjoyable and safe environment for everyone by respecting the rights and dignity of all members involved in the club, irrespective of age, gender, ability or culture.
Sligo Tennis Club expects that members should:
- Play fairly, do their best and have fun
- Behave appropriately and should act in a manner which sets a good example to all involved within the club.
promote responsible health, safety and wellbeing of all members
- Observe the rules and regulations of each individual sport
- Refrain from any form of abuse (verbal or physical), harassment, bullying, discrimination or victimisation towards others
- Be modest in victory and gracious in defeat
- Promote a drug-free sport and refrain from consuming alcohol/banned substances during training and competitions
- Adhere to all Government (Public Health), Sports Ireland and governing body advice regarding Covid 19 restrictions
- Adhere to this code of conduct while on court, within the club grounds, while representing the Club and also on any social media sites connected to the club
The following highlights what members should NEVER allow happen:
- Never cheat
- Never use foul language especially in front of or to a juvenile
- Never argue with another player, the coach or referee in public
- Never disrespect anyone on court with you- If there is a disagreement it should be dealt with promptly, in a polite manner. If it cannot be dealt with promptly players should leave the court to ensure they do not disrupt other players
- Never take photos of juveniles unless parental consent has been given
- Never show aggressive behavior or threaten anyone
- Never use bullying tactics to gain an advantage or manipulate other players
- Never train or play if they feel unwell or are injured
Complaints and Disciplinary Process
Download Child Protection Documents:
Safety and Insurance
All precautions have been taken to ensure that Sligo Tennis Club provides a safe environment in which to partake in the available sports and activities throughout the year.
Please observe all safety notices around the club and adhere to correct footwear and clothing guidelines.
Sligo Tennis Club is fully insured for public liability with regards to sporting activities, through our sporting national bodies.