Thank you Ulster Bank for sponsoring the STC tennis singles ladder.
ULSTER BANK SINGLES LADDER 2013 ROUND 2 – May
Singles Ladder 2013: Rules
- Entry fee €10, PLEASE pay early.
- Organise your own matches.
- Put money in envelope with your name, and mark ‘Singles Ladder’.
- Play two sets (first to six),if score is one set all, play tie-break instead of third set as decider (first to 10).
- Points awarded per set won.
- 5 bonus points awarded if all round robin games played each round.
- Highest score moves up one group lowest score moves down one group each round.
- It is your responsibility to record your score.
Challenge Ladder 2012 / 2013
- THE CHALLENGE LADDER WILL RECOMMENCE AUTUMN 2012 -
Entries are now being taken for the new ‘Challenge Ladder’ which is a new singles ladder format running from September 2011 to April 2012.
To play in new challenge ladder, you must register on-line here: http://www.globaltennisnetwork.com/home/register
Once registered on this website, find the Sligo Ladder – Tennis Ladders > Find a Ladder > select Ireland > select Tennis Club Challenge > Enter Your Details.
Read more information on the rules etc below…
- The ladder is located in:
- The ladder is open to the following players:
Playing Level: 2.0 to 6.0
Gender: M & F
- This ladder is free to join.
- This ladder will begin September 18, 2011 and end April 01, 2012.
- There are no prizes awarded for this ladder.
- Teams have 7 days to accept or decline a challenge before it is automatically declined.
- Teams will not be penalized for declining challenges.
- Teams can have up to 2 pending challenges before they cannot accept or issue a new challenge. This includes challenges that have been accepted but not played.
- Teams have 1 wildcard challenges. Wildcards allows a team to play a team much higher ranked than the rules typically allow.
- Teams may only play an opponent within 5 ranks above them.
- You may only play an opponent if this player was not played in your last 2 matches.
- The following match format will be used.
Best of 3 Sets with 3rd Set Tiebreak: Best of 3 sets is first to win 2 sets. Each set is first to win 6 or more games with a margin of 2 games. A tie-breaker is played if each team has won 6 games. The third set tiebreak can be played to any number of points as long as the winner wins more points than the loser.
Example scores: 6-3, 5-7, 1-0 or 6-3, 7-6
- The following system will be used to compute a player’s position on the ladder:
Leap Frog: This is the most basic and simplest ranking system. When a lower ranked player beats a higher ranked player, the lower ranked player “leap frogs” over the higher ranked player. If the higher ranked player wins, nothing happens. Ranking System Details
- After the match, the winner will submit the score.
- All ladder members should maintain current contact information. If you change phone numbers or e-mail addresses, you must update your profile so other member can contact you and you will receive email notifications.
A: Players who have registered for the site can easily sign up for a ladder. Log into the site, find the ladder, and hit “Sign Up” in the left hand menu. The ladder administrator can also manually add players to the ladder.
A: In order to submit a score, you must first challenge a player, and that player must accept the challenge. You would then click the “Submit a Score” link in the left hand column of the ladder page. For players who are not registered and cannot challenge or be challenged, the administrator must submit a score for you.
A: All you have to do to challenge a player is click “Challenge” next to their profile. You must be logged in to challenge, and if you cannot click challenge, then you either have a pending challenge with this player, or the rules do not allow you to challenge this player. If it says “Not Registered” next to a player, then you cannot challenge this player until they register for the site and upgrade their account.
A: To accept or decline a challenge, click “Pending Challenges” in the left hand column of the ladder page. From here, you will either accept or decline the challenge, and send a short message to the challenger.
A: Only a ladder administrator can cancel your challenge.
A: When a player has been challenged, an email with the details of the challenge will be sent to that player. When the player accepts or declined the challenge, an email will be sent to the challenger.
A: A non-registered player is a player on the ladder that was added by the ladder administrator. They did not register for the website and therefore do not have access to all the ladder’s features included, challenges, score submission, comment board, statistics etc.. The ladder administrator must submit match scores for matches involving a non-registered player.
A: If you become a registered member, then all you need to do is log in and click “Upgrade” next to your ladder profile. The “Upgrade” link will only be visible if you are logged in, and not already registered (or upgraded) for the ladder. You will then enter the passcode that you were emailed when the administrator signed you up. Your profile will then be upgraded to your registered account.
A: When the ladder administrator signs up players, they are considered non-registered. If a non-registered player registers for the site, then they can use the passcode that was sent to their email to upgrade their account to registered. With a registered account, members can submit and accept challenges, report match scores, post comments on the ladder’s comment board, view their match history and more.
A: If you don’t have a passcode, contact the ladder administrator. They will be able to send you one. Make sure they have your correct email address on file.
A: If you are logged into the site, and you are not registered (or upgraded) for the ladder, you will see an “Upgrade” link next to all non-registered players. Click this link next to your name.
A: Yes. The ranking system used can be changed at anytime by the ladder administrator. You can change the system back and forth without any loss of match results or rankings.
A: In order to contact the administrator, you must be registered. This insures that the administrator’s email is not seen by everyone. Follow the link found on the left hand side of the page to get to the administrator’s page where you can send an email or quick message.