Autumn Singles Ladder 2021
- ALL MATCHES BEST OF 3 SETS
- Tie break to 7 points in the first and second set if games tied at 6 – 6.
- 3rd set:
- optional Championship Tie-Break (first to 10 with a gap of 2 points)
- or a full 3rd set, played out in full or with a normal tie-break, depending on what the players have decided before the match began.
- Bear in mind court-time demand before deciding.
Leaving Ladder or injured:
Contact Organiser: Aoifín 086 8964354 / Denis 086 0687188
If a player texts you to arrange a match, please reply as soon as possible.
If a player, for whatever reason, cannot play a match, a walkover is given to the opponent. The player giving the walkover should write w/o in the scoreboard beside their name. The player receiving the w/o should write 2 in the scoreboard beside their name.
The winner of every match is responsible for writing up the scores. Score 1 point for every set you win. (A championship tie-break is considered as being 1 set.) Every player who participates in a match is awarded 1 bonus point per match.
All points are added up after the deadline, and players’ positions on the ladder are adjusted accordingly. Where scores are tied in any scoreboard, the player who beat the other in their match finishes ahead.
If a player does not reply to ANY texts, try CALLING and sorting it out.
If you cannot play your matches within the time-frame allowed ( 4 weeks this round ), and do not reply to texts, it may be necessary to eliminate you from the ladder with a possible chance to rejoin only if a place becomes available.
Please join WhatsApp and add Denis’ number to your CONTACTS on your phone in order to receive messages.
- Denis: 086 0687188
- New ladder information will be forwarded to all in the WhatsApp group. If you can’t join WhatsApp, the club noticeboard is used also. The club website shows each current ladder.
- Enjoy your tennis!
- Get to meet different members of your tennis club.
- Discover if you enjoy competitive play – consider entering open tournaments to enhance and develop your tennis skills if so.
- And as always with our play, be forgiving of your silly errors and focus instead on the many ( or few, as the case may be! ) glorious shots that even Nadal or Halep would struggle to return…