The Badminton club championships is in full swing and some great matches are being contested. Next week is our ‘finals night’ and there will be results / presentations later.
Also there’s a spicy treat in store as our Indian contingent is putting on a spread of authentic Indian cuisine. Make sure you ‘Poppadom’ down to the club next Thursday!! (OK – Bad joke!)
Meanwhile, here are some pics taken from the middle night’s action…
[gallery_bank type=”images” format=”masonry” title=”false” desc=”false” responsive=”true” display=”all” sort_by=”random” special_effect=”” animation_effect=”” album_title=”false” album_id=”2″]
The annual badminton club championships is being held over 3 nights as follows:
- Thursday 31st March – Ladies and Men’s Singles
- Thursday 7th April – Ladies and Men’s Doubles
- Thursday 14th April – Mixed Doubles, Finals of All Events and Presentations
All Club Members are welcome and the badminton section encourages everyone to play in this great annual club event.
- Enter on the sheet on Club notice board (or to Paula Nairn or any badminton committee member)
- Enter with a partner for doubles and mixed events, if possible. Partners will be organised if required.
- Cost: €7 per person per event or €18 for all 3 events.
- Use own shuttles
- Depending on entries; there will be an A and B section in all events.
- Please try to be there at 8pm sharp or give advance notice if going to be later