Tennis Junior Coaching
Welcome to Sligo Tennis Academy
The Sligo Tennis Academy is responsible for the Tennis coaching programme at Sligo Tennis Club – one of Connacht’s premier multi-racquet facilities. The academy caters for all ages (4yrs-18yrs) and all standards including:
- Tennis Tots
- Midi Tennis
- Club Squads
- Tournament Squads
The academy is managed by club coaches, Jean Barr and Alan McCormack, who run the Coaching programme involving over 100 children. In addition to the coaching programme the Academy organises the Following Activities:
- Fun Tennis Blitz events
- Fun Day Singles/Doubles
- Club Match-plays
- Junior Open Competition
- Club Championship
- Inter Club Friendlies
- Tennis Camps
- Practice Sessions
Meet the Coaches
- One 45 min session.
- Fun games to develop co-ordination and balance.
- introduces basic technique on forehand, backhand, serve and volley.
- Cordination and speed games.
- Development of tactics and technique on a full court.
- Relevant physical skills including more racket skills.
- Futher development of tactics for doubles and singles.
- Tournament squads are for juniors with the potential to play for Connacht/National.
- Includes matchplay practice.