Situated 3 km from the city centre, Sligo Tennis Club offers a superb range of facilities to its members. Established in 1984 the club caters for sports enthusiasts of all ages from junior to veterans.
Club facilities include 6 outdoor floodlit ‘omni’ tennis courts, 1 indoor tennis court, 5 badminton courts and 4 squash courts. The bar and catering area ensure that the social side of the club is not neglected. The main hall is also available for indoor football.
All members whether starting out or looking to improve their game can avail of the expert tuition from qualified coaches in each sport. Weekly competitions are held throughout the season in all sports and the club has hosted many national events.
The club is run on a voluntary basis by the members. The management committee oversees the general running of the club and each sports section has its own captain and committee.
Recent Club Developments
- Over €40,000 worth of improvements to the bar/lounge/function area.
- Includes new furniture, carpets, tiles and overhaul of toilet facilities.
- New 42″ TV.
- New environmentally friendly wood pellet boiler installed.
Planned Future Club Development
- New gymnasium
- 2 indoor tennis courts
- Refurbishment of entrance/reception areas.
- Refurbishment of hall/stairs areas.
- Complete refurbishment of changing rooms.
- Full drawings of proposed major building developments are on view in the clubhouse.
Sligo Tennis Club Committee 2011
- Christy Hennessy Tennis Captain
- Roisin Cannon Secretary
- Paula Nairn Treasurer
- Liam Farrell PRO
- Eamon Mc Cafferty
- Ann Barry
- Mary Henry
- Yvonne Boyle
- Phil Rooney Asst. Secretary
- Kay Curley Asst. Treasurer
- Stephen Cunningham
- Michael O’Broin